- Our vision is for children to be supported in their dreams and aspirations as individuals, to have a strong sense of understanding in themselves & belonging to papatuanuku, the world around them.
- Our children will be viewed as inquisitive learners, supported in their childhood development through experiential opportunities in the natural world. We encourage them to develop their innate wisdom and to be encouraged to be confident, balanced young people.
- We value parental involvement and encourage family contribution, building strong on-going relationships within our learning centre. We display open, honest, friendly and professional communication with children, parents, whanau and colleagues by listening, acknowledgement, being respectful, kind and caring to each other.
- We highly value a child's freedom to explore, to allow time to express themselves, to have fun together, to laugh and to foster a great sense of humour in a nurturing, unique environment. We are a team committed to collaboration in enhancing children's relationships, empowerment, physical confidence and emotional intelligence through creative, inspiring, natural experiences.
- Our centre is a welcoming & happy environment where children, families and whanau come to learn, explore, discover and grow a deep appreciation and respect of nature's lessons, beauty & healthy living. To value our New Zealand heritage and diversity in the world. We will build on our Whakapapa, the foundation to create an environment where languages & rituals of children's and all cultures are valued & protected.
- As a centre and team we are inspired to make a difference to our living world, positively engaging in sustainable behaviours and cooperative relationships with the earth. (To read more about our commitment to sustainability see our sustainability statement.)
This philosophy is a living document based on the collective and reflective thoughts and aspirations of the Staff and Management of Natures Nest Warkworth. This philosophy is reviewed regularly. Feb 2011.